Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Technology Wood

I have chosen to make a photo and a Mirror frame for myself. I'll use the other side to put a photo on it and the other side for my mirror, obviously I'll use my mirror to check myself and sometimes do my hair, but it will be useful. I will be mindful to  never give it to anyone even my family members because I want to use it all by myself. 

My Progress 
(1) I used a piece of wood a pencil and a ruler to make a full size working drawing
of my Mirror because it will show proof that It can be made. (2)I used a  ruler
and a pencil to copy the measurements from my drawing onto my piece of wood.
(3)I marked a Square line at 90 degrees across and the side using a tri-square
and a pencil. (4) I cut off the first piece of wood using a Benched hook and a
Backed Saw. (5) Then I marked out where my joint is supposed to go using a
Tri-square and a pencil. (6)I go to Sir and he marks the side joint with a marking
gauge. (7) I use the wood chisel to cut through the joint to the middle and from
the other side. (8) For my sides I used a ruler to mark the middle and used a
circle ruler to make a circle at the top. (9) I measured 20 cm up from the bottom.
(10) Then I drew a line form the 20 cm that I measured to the circle at the top.
(11) I took it  to Sir and cuts out to make the sides of my mirror.(13) Sir puts two
holes at the top of my sides. (14) I put it in the Joints. (15) I used the clue to stick
it tight.(16) I leave it in the vice for half an hour to dry. (17) I got another piece of
wood and drawed a line in the middle to the side. (18) I took it to sir and he checks
it, then he puts in two holes in the side to were the center is. (19) He cuts two
piece of sticks to hold my mirror. (20)He puts a piece of thin wood between the
side of my mirror and the wood for my mirror. (21) He used a hammer to push in
the two sticks through the side of the wood for my mirror. (22) He did was to cut
out some of the stick part hanging out. (23)He brought some class and measure
it with a piece of paper what was needed to be cut off. (24) He brought a like a
tool and he kinda like sliced the mirror and he then he broke it into halves. (24) 
Next He grind the edges because it can be sharp. (25) He bought a special glue
and mixed it on a piece of thin wood then he put it my piece of mirror and stuck it
on. (25) Last thing I have yo do is to wait for the glue to set.


EVALUATION
I think I did well on making my mirror because I didn’t make a mistake while making it. I also did well with the tools.


My ideas well… I will say brilliant but I didn't get to make all of them. I did get to
make something that I loved. My working drawing came out good even though
I’m not that good at drawing. Sir even said that I did a good job when he marked
my work. On the sawing part made me nervous because I thought that I would ruin
it but as I kept cutting I felt confident with myself. The chisel part? Well I had fun
because it was really cool. When I finished making it, it became a masterpiece
well even though it’s just a mirror to me it’s a masterpiece. 


In my opinion my mirror looks fantastic it looks like it was made by a professional.
If I get a chance to make it again I would change the mirror shape into a heart or
a circle. What I want to say about my mirror is that I will look after it forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment