Pages

Wednesday 26 June 2019

Apia Samoa (I.R)


Related image
Have you ever been to Samoa? Do you know anything about Samoa? It's a beautiful place and it is also where I come from. I really want to visit  Samoa again, but I'll get the chance someday. I bet Some of you don't know that much about Samoa, that's why I'm here, I'm going to tell you some amazing things about the wonderful Island of Samoa.

Samoa has two main islands and they are Upolu and Savai'i and two small islands, Apolima and Manono, plus six other uninhabited islands. Located on the westerly end of the Samoa Archipelago, it is halfway between Hawaii and New Zealand in the South Pacific Ocean. Savai’i is the largest island in the South Pacific nation of Samoa. Near Salelologa township, in the southeast. The capital of Samoa in Apia. Samoa is at 13° S and 172° W. 

Did you know that Samoa has 265 villages? I mean there are some 45 villages the capital Apia is composed of, but yeah. The population is 196,440. Samoa became independent at 14 June 1889, for the first time. Samoa traditional dance is very relaxing with very gentle movements of the hands and feet. The man's dance is called faakaupaki and to me, it's really cool. Faakaupaki in English is "Samoan slap dance" the faakaupaki dance is performed by a group of men and requires strength and stability. The women's dance is Called Siva Samoa and it involves slow and gentle movements of the hands and feet.

Best places that Samoan people like to go is the Market(Makeki)or the beach(Sami). The market is...well its a market but it's not an ordinary market it's a market that you can get anything from, they even have fresh fish. My best part about the Samoan Makeki is the "Keke Pua'a" and the "Pagi Keke(Pancakes)" their my favorite. Samoa also has a clock in the center of Apia. It is located at Beach Rd, Apia, Samoa. 

I think now you know some things about Samoa, It is a really good place for a vacation and you can also visit Samoa anytime. I assure you that you will have so much fun in Samoa. I also hope that I get a chance to visit Samoa again. 












No comments:

Post a Comment